L.A. Lighting’s home office and manufacturing facility are located within the same facility in El Monte, California.
We periodically have openings in all departments throughout the organization for both entry level and fully qualified supervisory / management personnel.
These departments include engineering, manufacturing, customer service, inside and outside sales, and bookkeeping.
MECHANICAL ASSEMBLER – Part Time
Our manufacturing company is seeking Part Time Mechanical Assemblers to join our Assembly Line Team. We’re looking for dedicated individuals who always show up for work on time and challenge themselves to improve any task given to them. We need to fill these positions immediately, so it’s important for new hires to hit the ground running. We offer both morning and afternoon shift schedules.
- Perform multiple task on a shift to ensure maximum alertness and preparation
- Double-check connections to ensure they are correct
- Inform supervisors of any part or equipment defects to ensure prompt
Response to the problem
- Familiarize yourself with the tools of the job
- Communicate with other stations on the assembly line to ensure maximum speed
- Conserve resources and supplies to facilitate minimum waste
- Assemble components accurately, thoroughly and quickly to approved specifications
- High school diploma/GED required
- Ability to commit to flexible schedule and prompt arrivals for shifts
- Experience with power and hand tools
- Basic math communication skills required
- 2+ years experience in general assembly work or specialized training
MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Assist in activities such as design and develop of new lighting fixture. Test sample products to ensure they work properly and analyses the faulty that have been returned to correct the problem. Help ensure the lighting fixtures work as efficient and effective as possible. Requires knowledge of AutoCAD to complete the assignments.
- Diagnose, test, or analyze the performance of electrical components, assemblies, or systems.
- Product design, sheet metal parts, NC programming.
- Review electrical engineering plans to ensure adherence to design specifications and compliance with applicable electrical codes and standards.
- Compile and maintain records documenting engineering schematics, installed equipment, installation or operational problems, resources used, repairs, or corrective action performed.
- Set up and operate standard or specialized testing equipment.
- Review installation or quality assurance documentation.
- Participate in training or continuing education activities to stay abreast of engineering or industry advances.
- Design or modify engineering schematics for electrical transmission and distribution systems or for electrical installation in commercial, or industrial buildings, using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Assist engineers in conducting applied research in electrical engineering.
- Build or test electrical components of light fixtures.
- Create or modify electrical components to be used in renewable energy generation.
- Evaluate electrical engineering plans to determine whether they comply with applicable environmental standards.
- Test sustainable materials for their applicability to electrical engineering systems or system designs.
- Test electrical prototypes, according to general instructions and established standards.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
Skills & Abilities
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Engineering
Experience: 5 plus years of experience in AutoCAD
5 plus years of experience in Mechanical/Design Engineer
Computer Skills: Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook
AutoCAD System, Inventor, Vault, Photopia, AGI132, JetCAM, MasterCAM, AP100, Visual, Indesign, Photoshop
Data Base (DB) System – Helpful
Other Requirements: Vision (Near, Distance)
Sense of Sound – Per Osha Requirements
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – Safety Shoes, Googles, Ear Plugs, and Gloves as needed.