L.A. Lighting’s home office and manufacturing facility are located within the same facility in El Monte, California.
We periodically have openings in all departments throughout the organization for both entry level and fully qualified supervisory / management personnel.
These departments include engineering, manufacturing, customer service, inside and outside sales, and bookkeeping.
INSIDE SALES – Customer Service
Your primary function will be in a support role of our company sales personnel and manufacture’s representatives.
- Do order entry, order follow up, pricing and selecting the proper lighting fixture for the application.
- Maintain assigned account bases while developing new accounts.
- Process correspondence and paperwork related to accounts.
- Obtain and study information about clients’ products, needs, problems, and business practices to offer effective product assistance.
- Attend sales meetings to increase product knowledge and obtain company updates.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Sales Ability – Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
- Persuasive – Ability to influence others to change position or to adopt a specific point of view.
- Energetic – Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Consensus Building – Ability to bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
Skills & Abilities
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Business Administration
Experience: No prior experience necessary
Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT, and Outlook are helpful.
Other Requirements: Lighting experience is helpful, although not necessary to apply for this job. We will teach you about the lighting in general, and our productions in particular.
MECHANICAL ASSEMBLER – Part Time
Our manufacturing company is seeking Part Time Mechanical Assemblers to join our Assembly Line Team. We’re looking for dedicated individuals who always show up for work on time and challenge themselves to improve any task given to them. We need to fill these positions immediately, so it’s important for new hires to hit the ground running. We offer both morning and afternoon shift schedules.
- Perform multiple task on a shift to ensure maximum alertness and preparation
- Double-check connections to ensure they are correct
- Inform supervisors of any part or equipment defects to ensure prompt
Response to the problem
- Familiarize yourself with the tools of the job
- Communicate with other stations on the assembly line to ensure maximum speed
- Conserve resources and supplies to facilitate minimum waste
- Assemble components accurately, thoroughly and quickly to approved specifications
- High school diploma/GED required
- Ability to commit to flexible schedule and prompt arrivals for shifts
- Experience with power and hand tools
- Basic math communication skills required
- 2+ years experience in general assembly work or specialized training
Must be familiar with purchasing, sourcing, supply chain, logistics, and warehousing. Will be managing all aspects of procuring material and organizing the control and flow of those materials in a manufacturing environment. Materials include lighting components, cold rolled steel, LED drivers, fluorescent ballast, plastics, cartons and various electrical components. Daily walk through the warehouse to ensure the supplies/products are organized.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors, sourcing materials for engineering design and manufacturing operations.
- Resolve conflicts and supply challenges with vendors in order to efficiently facilitate production requirements.
- Coordinate information flow between Engineering, Sales, Purchasing and Production in order to assess purchasing requirements and vendor capabilities.
- Work with existing company MRP Program.
- Analyze potential capital purchases (Fabrication Machinery.)
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Direct and coordinate activities of vendors engaged in selling, distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Prepare purchase orders and process requisitions for supplies and equipment.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Administer online purchasing systems.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
- Arrange for use of surplus materials.
- Ensure items are properly stored in the correct order and organized properly.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Financial Aptitude – Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Goal Oriented – Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ambition – The drive to achieve personal advancement.
- Competitiveness – Willingness to strive to get ahead or to finish projects.
- Self-Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
Skills & Abilities
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study:
In Business Administration or Supply Chain Management a Plus.
Experience: 3 plus years of experience in MRP/ERP Experience
3 plus years of experience in Purchasing, sourcing, supply chain, logistics,
Computer Skills: Experience with Microsoft software such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Experience with DBA EVO experience helpful.
Other Requirements: Should live within 30 minutes driving time from the facility.